Title: Electrical Technologist
CBU engineering technology program has many labs that offer student’s unique hands on experience. As technology is changing so is the engineering technology program laboratory experience. This student will spend most of his time ensuring equipment and space is safe and functional, updating existing lab equipment, developing and/or testing new labs with help from instructors and ensuring student lab experience engaging/enjoyable.
Completed second year of technology program
- Ensure lab space stays current with applicable safety standards, i.e., WHIMIS, OH&S, Z462.
- Provide support to instructors during labs, may include moving equipment, helping with modifications on the fly.
- Provide necessary support for lab renovations/improvements, i.e.; taking inventory, ordering material, moving lab equipment, installing software.
- Ensuring labs are prepared for the following day of labs so students can maximize the limited lab time they have, this may include moving equipment from lab to lab daily.
- Follow CBU lab safety policy and make suggestions for improvements.
- Participate in daily pre-job meeting to discuss any safety issues and tasks to be completed that day.
- Keep an hourly report of activities and submit it at end of every day.
- Ensure interaction with students is kept to a minimum and focus is on tasks provided by instructor when working for CBU.
Hours: All positions are part-time, hours TBD
- Become familiar with designing engineered systems with priority on the application of engineering standards and designing for safety.
- Learn the importance of asset management.
- Understand safety as it pertains to an industrial environment.
- Become familiar with the engineer, technologist relationship as typically seen in heavy industry.
- Enhance troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Develop professional skills in communication and critical thinking.
- Understand the importance of attention to details
Only eligible students can apply to a CBU Work Study Bursary position. If eligible send resume, cover letter and an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program to: firstname.lastname@example.org Submissions that do not include an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program will not be considered. All applications must also reference the above Job Number.
To determine eligibility and to complete an application go to: http://www.cbu.ca/come-to-cbu/tuition-finances/scholarships-bursaries/work-study-bursary-program/
Deadline for applications is Friday, September 14th, 2018.