Job Title: Community Researcher
Department: Communities and Connections
Supervisor: Margaret Dechman
In this research assistant position, you will be involved in programs and research currently in progress in Eskasoni, as well as talking with members of the Eskasoni community to better understand the types of research and programs they would like to develop in the future. One of the programs already in progress in Eskasoni in which you will become involved is RELAYS, which offers programming for youth.
- Quantitative and/or qualitative research methods course completed or being take this year.
- Member of Eskasoni community.
- participant observation of RELAYS – this means attending, observing, and helping with the youth programming provided by RELAYS
- developing a list of people working in organizations in Eskasoni, such as the health centre, school board, etc., who would like to discuss future programming and research
- assisting with the facilitation of focus groups and/or interviewing interested community members
- transcription of focus groups and/or interviews
Start Date: September 2017
End Date: April 2018
Hours: All positions are part-time, hours TBD
Only eligible students can apply to a CBU Work Study Bursary position. If eligible send resume, cover letter and an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program to: firstname.lastname@example.org Submissions that do not include an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program will not be considered. All applications must also reference the above Job Number.
To determine eligibility and to complete an application go to: http://www.cbu.ca/come-to-cbu/tuition-finances/scholarships-bursaries/work-study-bursary-program/