Job Title: Electrical Technologist
Supervisor: Blair MacInnis
CBU engineering technology program has many labs that offer student’s unique hands on experience. As technology is changing so is the engineering technology program laboratory experience. This student will spend most of his time ensuring equipment is functional and updating existing lab equipment/space. Work will include designing and installation of electrical instrument systems.
- Completed second year of technology program.
- Ensure lab space stays current with applicable safety standards, i.e., WHIMIS, OH&S, Z462.
- Preform the necessary upgrades to bring the flow lab gas loop back into service.
- Design and install a system to allow for quick disconnects on all flow lab transmitters and valves.
- Provide necessary support for lab renovations/improvements, i.e.; taking inventory, ordering material, moving lab equipment, installing software.
- Ensuring labs are prepared for the following day of labs so students can maximize the limited lab time they have, this may include moving equipment from lab to lab daily.
- Follow CBU lab safety policy and make suggestions for improvements.
- Participate in daily pre-job meeting to discuss any safety issues and tasks to be completed that day.
- Keep an hourly report of activities and submit it at end of every day.
- Ensure interaction with students is kept to a minimum and focus is on tasks provided by instructor when working for CBU.
Start Date: September 2017
End Date: April 2018
Hours: All positions are part-time, hours TBD
Only eligible students can apply to a CBU Work Study Bursary position. If eligible send resume, cover letter and an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program to: firstname.lastname@example.org Submissions that do not include an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program will not be considered. All applications must also reference the above Job Number.
To determine eligibility and to complete an application go to: http://www.cbu.ca/come-to-cbu/tuition-finances/scholarships-bursaries/work-study-bursary-program/