The Gallery Assistant is responsible for handling day-to-day tasks such as operating the reception desk as well as helping the curator with collections management projects and in executing gallery events. The Gallery Assistant will interface with a variety of audiences including faculty, students, and the public through in-person visits and maintaining a current social media presences (Facebook/Twitter). Previous knowledge of visual art is not required but is considered an asset.
Students from all academic programs are encouraged to apply. We are looking for students who can demonstrate:
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Enthusiasm when answering telephone and visitor inquiries about current and upcoming gallery programming
- Comfort with using social media platforms (Twitter / Facebook) and awareness of social media policy/etiquette
- an work well independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent time management skills
- Answering telephone calls and emails
- Managing data records
- Assisting in the set up and take down of events (mild physical labour in moving furniture and/or AV equipment)
- Supporting and editing promotion of the gallery through social media
Hours: All positions are part-time, hours TBD
September Start/April End
- An introductory understanding of the operational activities of a public art gallery/museum and hands-on learning and skills development (collections management system, art handling, etc.).
- Improved interpersonal communication skills through engaging with co-workers and the public in the planning and execution phases of public events.
- Improved written communication skills through developing advertisements for gallery event/promotion
- Only eligible students can apply to a CBU Work Study Bursary position. If eligible send resume, cover letter and an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program to: email@example.com Submissions that do not include an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program will not be considered. All applications must also reference the above Job Number.
To determine eligibility and to complete an application go to: http://www.cbu.ca/come-to-cbu/tuition-finances/scholarships-bursaries/work-study-bursary-program/
Deadline for applications is Friday, September 14th, 2018.