Job Title: Research and Programme Assistant: Art and Politics in an Age of Truth and Reconciliation
Department: Communities and Connections
Supervisor: Lee-Anne Broadhead, Professor of Political Science
The position of Research and Programme Assistant for an investigation into the relationship between art and politics is designed to contribute to on-going efforts to decolonize/indigenize the academy. The Assistant will work with the supervisor to plan, organize and promote a series of on-campus events designed to use the arts to explore important historical and political issues. The Assistant will also work with the supervisor to undertake research in this area as well as assisting with the submission of a funding proposal.
A third or fourth year BA student is required for this job. The student must:
• Have demonstrable research skills
• Be willing to accept guidance and follow through by working independently
• Have an interest in the role of the arts in imagining possible political futures as well as some knowledge of, and interest in, issues around decolonization and indigenizing
- Assisting with the planning and organizing of on-campus events designed to use the arts to explore important historical and political issues
- Undertaking research under the guidance of the supervisor regarding the role of the arts in indigenizing the academy
- Assisting the supervisor with the writing and submission of a funding proposal and, possibly with the organizing of a one-day Festival of Remembrance – bringing together Indigenous and Settler Poets to engage in the important work of responding to the Truth and Reconciliation Commission
Start Date: September 2017
End Date: April 2018
Hours: All positions are part-time, hours TBD
Only eligible students can apply to a CBU Work Study Bursary position. If eligible send resume, cover letter and an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program to: firstname.lastname@example.org Submissions that do not include an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program will not be considered. All applications must also reference the above Job Number.
To determine eligibility and to complete an application go to: http://www.cbu.ca/come-to-cbu/tuition-finances/scholarships-bursaries/work-study-bursary-program/