|Job/Project Description: Student Archives Assistant
As part of the CBU-wide initiative to support indigenization of course content and campus culture, the Beaton Institute and Mi’kmaq Resource Centre require assistance to increase access to relevant existing resources. This project would increase accessibility to the resources through improved intellectual and physical control. A student assistant would be able to:
· Compile existing inventories and guides to resources
· Prepare data for online access
· Identify incorrect or inappropriate subject headings and language used as descriptors and access points
· Assist with processing newly acquired donations
· Liaise with CBU library to promote the resources
To fulfill the project components above, the student will:· Examine existing listings to determine which content needs to be addressed, determine accessibility barriers and develop a work plan for the project.· Place archival content on the Beaton Institute Digital Archives. Some processing may be required.
· Consult with staff/faculty of Unama’ki College around improving language, subject headings and access points for information.
· Prepare content for the CBU Library to promote and make accessible some of the content not yet listed online through MRC or the Beaton Institute Digital Archives.
Student with some basic research experience
Student with excellent writing ability and organizational skills
Student who has basic computer skills and can navigate spreadsheets
Start Date: May 9
End Date: August 19
Hours: All positions are part-time, hours TBD
Only eligible students can apply to a CBU Work Study Bursary position. If eligible send resume, cover letter and an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program to: firstname.lastname@example.org Submissions that do not include an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program will not be considered. All applications must also reference the above Job Number.
To determine eligibility and to complete an application go to: http://www.cbu.ca/come-to-cbu/tuition-finances/scholarships-bursaries/work-study-bursary-program/