Job Title: Student Aquatic Lab Technician
Supervisor: Ken Oakes
Assist with oyster and fish maintenance and research under guidance of technician (husbandry, water quality measurements, measuring lengths and weights, data entry; assist with biochemical analyses, collect samples for PCR/histology). When possible, help collect samples in the field, ensure laboratory cleanliness.
- Interest in environmental research only prerequisite, although students in a relevant academic programme or having relevant experience would be preferred.
- Data entry
- Tank cleaning
- Feeding organisms as needed
- Willing to infrequently work weekends and nights if required
- Collection of field specimens is optional if need and time permit
- All field gear and training will be provided
Start Date: September 2017
End Date: April 2018
Hours: All positions are part-time, hours TBD
Only eligible students can apply to a CBU Work Study Bursary position. If eligible send resume, cover letter and an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program to: firstname.lastname@example.org Submissions that do not include an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program will not be considered. All applications must also reference the above Job Number.
To determine eligibility and to complete an application go to: http://www.cbu.ca/come-to-cbu/tuition-finances/scholarships-bursaries/work-study-bursary-program/