Graduates of CBU become alumni of the University. The office of Alumni and Development works to keep alumni members engaged with the university with various forms of communications and events. The individual would work with members of the Alumni and Development team and members of the Alumni Board of Directors on projects.
- Ability to work in a team environment and also independently
- Knowledge of CBU programs
- Strong communications skills (oral and written) and willingness to interact with people in social or networking settings
Detailed orientated, with strong organizational, time management and problem solving skills
- Assist Institutional Advancement Officer and other staff in the planning and execution of special events.
- In the January to May period, special events include alumni activities at the Orange Out CBU basketball game, CBU Night at the Nest (Cape Breton Screaming Eagles hockey game), Scotties Tournament of Hearts curling, career and networking events for alumni and students, Convocation and Grad Week activities.
- Work on logistic details for events with facilities (CBU and external) and suppliers
Projects in the January to May period will include:
- Work with Grad Class Society to develop plans for events and activities, including Grad Week in May
- Help to implement projects from Alumni Association strategic priorities
Hours: All positions are part-time, hours TBD
- Develop experience in a professional office setting
- Improve online and in-person communications skills with team members, university administration, businesses, students
- Learn strategies and tactics for successful event in terms of logistic planning and execution and attendance
Only eligible students can apply to a CBU Work Study Bursary position. To determine eligibility and to complete an application, go to:
If eligible, send resume, cover letter and an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program to: email@example.com Submissions that do not include an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program will not be considered. All applications must also reference the above Job Number.
Forward resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org