Title: Action/Research/EngagementProject Coordinator
Department: Action/Research/Engagement Subcommittee of the President’s Sustainability Committee
To support the work of the Action/Research/Engagement subcommittee of the President’s Environmental Sustainability Committee.
- Professional interest in environmental education, community engagement, and leadership;
- Big picture thinking with holistic ideas for community engagement;
- Enthusiasm for environmental education and sustainability;
- Strong desire to learn
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to commit an average of 10 – 15 hours per week and the flexibility to attend monthly meetings
- Organized and efficient worker; ability to keep track of multiple projects and tasks
- Good writing skills
- attend ARE meetings (2-4 times a term).
- consult with the ARE cttee. and relevant administration and student union personnel in order to develop a plan appropriate for the projects initiated.
- act as a resource person and maintain a database of activities used by other universities to increase sustainability behaviour in our university community.
- act as project coordinator for projects initiated by the committee (e.g. free store, water refilling stations).
- plan sustainability-related events/educational activities
- other duties as they arise.
Hours: All positions are part-time, hours TBD
- Time Management/Organizational Skills
- Technical Skills (media and data management)
- Professionalism and Leadership Development
- learn best practices to further develop their problem solving, conflict resolution, decision-making, and leadership skills
- Fostering Diversity/Community Building Communication Skills
- More specifically, be able to frame problems and ask critical questions concerning environmental sustainability and the adoption of the principle by our community
Multidisciplinary perspective (working with profs from diff. depts.)
Only eligible students can apply to a CBU Work Study Bursary position. If eligible send resume, cover letter and an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program to: firstname.lastname@example.org Submissions that do not include an application to the CBU Work Study Bursary Program will not be considered. All applications must also reference the above Job Number.
To determine eligibility and to complete an application go to: http://www.cbu.ca/come-to-cbu/tuition-finances/scholarships-bursaries/work-study-bursary-program/
Deadline for applications is Friday, September 14th, 2018.