The CBU Students’ Union is currently seeking an individual to fill the student position of Women’s Centre Coordinator. This position is designed to plan and create initiatives for the education and equality of women at CBU and the community-at-large.
- Must be a member of the CBU Students’ Union as outlined in By-law 1.01 and registered CBU student prior to September 30, 2019
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Capable of operating office equipment (fax machine, photocopier, etc.)
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced office environment
- Ability to work within a budget
- Coordinate and plan events and activities regarding women’s needs
- Create strategic partnerships with organizations dedicated to providing services to women
- Prepare materials to promote Women’s Centre’s events, activities, and services
- Actively recruit volunteers, creating and maintaining a volunteer database
- Maintain and update the Women’s Centre resource library and all reference materials
- Research and advocate for issues pertaining to women’s equality rights on and off-campus
- Ensure the Women’s Centre remains a safe and confidential environment for all women on- campus
- Submit a monthly report of activities to the President
- Other duties assigned by the Executive Committee
Number of Positions: 1
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume quoting WCC-0315 no later than 4:00PM on March 15, 2019. Applications may be sent to the attention of Dawn MacDougall, Administration & Health Plan Manager using the information at the bottom of this posting.
Please note that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.