The CBU Students’ Union is currently seeking an individual to fill the student position of Pride & Ally Centre Coordinator beginning in September 2019. This position is designed to plan and create initiatives for the education and equality of the CBU and community-at-large.
- Must be a member of the CBU Students’ Union as outlined in By-law 1.01 and registered CBU student no later than September 30, 2019
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Capable of operating office equipment (fax machine, photocopier, etc.)
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced office environment
- Ability to work within a budget
- Coordinate awareness campaigns and activities surrounding sexuality awareness and education
- Work with the objective of advancing the equal rights for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, + individuals on-campus and the community-at-large
- Provide VP Promotions with materials to advertise services and events to students
- Facilitate various workshops and train centre volunteers in the areas of sex workshops, safe space, and ally projects
- Actively recruit volunteers for the centre, maintaining a database of volunteers
- Maintain and update the Centre’s resource library and all reference materials
- Provide safe sex supplies and usage information to students
- Provide a safe and confidential area for all students
- Research areas of sexual education to keep abreast of the current issues
- Submit a monthly report of activities to the President
- Other duties assigned by the Executive Committee
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume quoting PAC-0315 no later than 4:00PM on March 15, 2019. Applications may be sent to the attention of Dawn MacDougall, Executive Assistant using the information at the bottom of this posting.
Please note that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.