Department: Region Distribution
Position Title: Life & Wealth Producer
To join our team:
- You have 3-5 years of experience in the insurance industry or a related field.
- You have a post-secondary education.
- You have in-depth knowledge of financial and insurance concepts, industry products, and regulatory requirements.
- You hold or will obtain a Life License and Mutual Fund License.
- You have completed or are working towards one of the following designations: CFP, CLU, CHFC or other accredited Financial Planning Designation.
To be successful:
- You remain focused and optimistic in the pursuit of a goal, despite barriers, until the objective is achieved and allocate time and resources to effectively manage the sales portfolio.
- You successfully build plans focused on expanding market penetration and apply an innovative mindset to improve operational efficiencies, with a client centric lens.
- You have strong communication skills to influence or persuade others to adopt a specific course of action and can effectively facilitate mutually beneficial solutions.
- You build trusting relationships and provide guidance to support the development of peers.
What to expect:
- You will be away from the office on a regular basis meeting with clients and/or members of the community in their environment.
- You are required to have your own vehicle, valid driver’s license and insurance.
- You may provide support to clients who are experiencing a personal or financial loss. A high degree of confidentiality and discretion is required.
- You will be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment, in the event you are the successful candidate.
What you’re responsible for:
- Prospecting new clients and conducting client reviews to openly discuss risk management, identify financial gaps and provide solutions to empower clients to make informed decisions.
- Cultivating strong, visible ties to the community and strengthening existing relationships to maximize new business opportunities.
- Developing and executing strategic marketing plans on an annual basis to attract new clients and achieve annual sales goals.
- Leveraging exclusive technology, financial tools and processes to collaboratively build financial plans as well as up-selling and cross-selling products in other lines of business.
- Ensuring maintenance of required licences, compliance of ethical behavior and conformity with corporate policies, industry standards and legal regulations.
Our Distribution team aspires to be the leader in client engagement among Canadian Insurers. We strive to provide a seamless and personalized client experience. Our knowledgeable and trusted team is committed to delivering financial services solutions to meet our clients’ unique needs. As the Life & Wealth Producer you will build long lasting relationships with your clients to assess, define and implement solutions to achieve their financial goals. Through the sale of life and wealth products you will develop a strong financial portfolio for The Co-operators and strive to provide financial security to Canadians.
Click here to apply for one of our active postings for this role
Positions are open until filled. Please see link for available positions.