Victoria Co-op Fisheries Ltd. is located in picturesque Neil’s Harbour, Cape Breton where neighbours are family and housing is still affordable. The Co-op, is 100 % owned by its members and harvesters, purchases a variety of seafood for processing and live shipping from our members on a daily basis.
Victoria Co-op is seeking a full-time Safety Coordinator to assist with all aspects of safety; ensuring safety programs activities are correctly administered, communicated and documented. This position requires an experienced Safety Coordinator who excels in partnering with employees at all organizational levels.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- Relevant college or university education with valid first-aid certification; Have a certificate in MS Office and/or be software proficient; with at least 2 years’ hands-on safety, facilitation, and training experience;
- Proven ability to build trust and respect with personnel, and leverage relationships through mentorship, coaching, and influence with solid verbal and written communication;
- Working knowledge of and experience with the provincial and federal OHS Act and Regulation as well as the WCB Act and regulations;
- Be a self-starter, have strong multitasking and problem solving skills and be able to deliver within required timeframes; with the ability to work in all weather conditions (hot and cold, wet and dry) as well as in a food (seafood) manufacturing facility; and
- Ability to work all shifts, including days / evenings / weekends, as required.
This key position will be primarily responsible for: Acting as a key resource and support the General Manager to ensure full OHS compliance and basic human resources management challenges are resolved. Schedule and organize safety orientation and training. Conduct regular inspections/audits, to detect existing or potential hazards. Create and maintain with accuracy, all required records and reports. Assisting in administration of the disability management program and assist with WCB claims management.
Victoria Co-op is looking for someone who is passionate about maintaining and growing the Co-op’s safety programs. If you are ready to invest the time and the energy to be part of a team of the future, then please apply to the above position by emailing your cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than 9:00 AM, Tuesday, October 25th, 2016.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or personnel agencies please.