As an Account Manager, you are the face of RBC providing clients with expert financial advice.
Account Managers take the client relationship to the next level by using interview methods and asking smart questions to understand their investment, credit or even insurance needs. Seeing how you have positively impacted the lives of your clients is a thrill AND there are individual and team incentive programs to reward our top performers at every level
Our Account Manager Training Program combines on-the-job experience with coaching and mentoring, distance learning and formal classroom instruction to set you up for success. Even if you are new to financial services, we can give you everything you need to become a versatile and confident financial services professional.
What you’ll need to succeed:
Genuine customer service and advice skills
- Comfort in a target-driven environment, with a knack for spotting opportunities
- Superior communication skills backed by emotional intelligence
- Self-motivation, an eagerness to learn and succeed and comfort working in a team environment
- Personal flexibility to work a variety of shirts that meet our client’s needs
- Sales experience (ideal but not essential)
- Investment Funds in Canada license or CSC (can be part of the training program)
A typical day as an Account Manager can look like this:
- Participate in a team huddle to discuss branch updates
- Meet with clients from a variety of life stages, find solutions and create strategies to help them thrive. Baby’s first account, student loans, buying a house or investment strategies are just a few examples of how you can make a difference!
- Proactively interact with clients in all areas of the branch and offer advice
- Refer clients to RBC specialists for afterhours specialized advice
- Work through my personal goals during a weekly coaching session with my branch manager
- Work on personal development through RBC tools and resources
- End shift and head to the gym with your friends
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. It’s easy! Join our Talent Community and get the inside scoop on the jobs, career paths, and recruitment events that matter to you.