Public Health Inspector
OFFICE: 1 Temporary Full Time position until December 31, 2018, in Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry territory
SALARY: $35.22 to $39.78 per hour plus 12% in lieu of benefits and 6% in lieu of vacation.
- A bachelor degree in Environmental Health or equivalent.
- Current certificate in Public Health Inspection (Canada).
- Self motivated and able to complete assigned duties with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility to respond to varied and shared tasks associated with working in a positive team environment.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to participate effectively in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and the use of an automobile.
- Good communication skills in both English and French.
DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
Working as a member of a Public Health Team, the incumbent will be responsible to carry out inspections, investigations, education in matters related to community health protection, primarily on food safety, water quality and health hazards prevention; and to enforce the provisions of the Health Protection and Promotion Act.
Applications will be accepted until February 20, 2018.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send your application to: Human Resources Department Eastern Ontario Health Unit 1000 Pitt Street Cornwall, Ontario K6J 5T1
or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or online at : www.eohu.ca