What qualifications do I need to be considered for this opportunity?
Education and Certification Bachelor of Business Administration or a Related Discipline
– AND –
Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) and/or Certified Federal Procurement Specialist (CFPS) and/or Public Sector Procurement Professional (PSPP) – or currently enrolled
– OR –
A combination of equivalent education, job-related training, and work experience in a related position.
Asset Education / Certification:
- University degree in supply chain management
- Certified Federal Procurement Specialist CFPS
- Advanced degree (Masters and/or MBA)
- A minimum of 5-7 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience developing, leading and managing a team to meet departmental and individual goals.
- Extensive Change Management Experience
- Demonstrated proficiency as a subject matter expert in Source to Contract Management in all phases and stages.
- Public Sector Procurement and Trade Treaty experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial aspects of business and budgets.
- Ability to advise on advanced contract administration principles, industry practices, regulations, and policies.
- Proven experience in leading, communicating and managing change
- Ability to create and implement departmental strategy and solve a wide range of unique problems of considerable scope and complexity that may require new approaches or significant exceptions or modification of standard procedures.
- Maintenance of current professional and technical knowledge by participation in professional associations, such as SCMA.
- Proven track record in effective planning and the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
- Sound judgment with demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Able to excel under pressure in a deadline driven environment. Asset Qualifications
- Government Procurement Trade and Treaty expertise is desirable.
- Experience working with SAP Supply Chain model, including the design, testing and implementation of SAP or other major ERP migration/implementation project for Purchasing and Contract Management Modules.
At Marine Atlantic, we do so much more than get people from point A to point B. Whether it’s reunions, long-awaited trips home, or the start of a new adventure, we bring people together. We couldn’t bring people together every day without our own dedicated employees. Our employees embody our core values; they are safety oriented team-players who exhibit integrity and commitment, and always strive for excellence. Their understanding and commitment to our values make our employees an invaluable part of our organization.
Marine Atlantic is currently accepting applications for a Procurement and Strategic Sourcing Manager to work at our North Sydney location.
Procurement, an entity within the Marine Atlantic Inc. organization, provides purchasing services for the entire Corporation. The department operates from a central purchasing office located in North Sydney, NS and is responsible for the planning, sourcing, pricing, negotiation and posting of award activities. Of particular importance, the Corporation is subject to obligations under the new Canadian Free Trade Agreement (CFTA) and the Canadian-European Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA).
Reporting to the Director Supply Chain Management, the Procurement and Strategic Sourcing Manager is responsible for the development, implementation and management of Marine Atlantic’s procurement spend while complying with relevant public accountability standards consistent with legislation applicable to Marine Atlantic including specific federal and provincial legislation, treaty obligations, tax laws and corporate financial policies.
The department has undergone significant change over several years and is currently strategizing to support new procurement obligations, business process renewal (including SAP migration) and additional strategic initiatives in the Supply Chain department.
The Procurement and Strategic Sourcing Manager is a key factor in change management; trained in analyzing and dealing with change and understanding the human element. The successful candidate should also be able to quickly define the change and have resources in place to deal with change. The successful candidate must have the leadership experience and expertise to handle change effectively using best practice and key success factors in change management.
Critical to the department’s success is successfully evaluating and managing contract and vendor performance while implementing continuous improvement strategies with corrective action programs in addition to leading collaboration, process standardization, and knowledge management across the Source to Contract lifecycle.
Additional Key Areas of Responsibility
- Work diligently, to promote a safe working environment.
- Manage and provide direction and advice on procurement approaches and processes.
- Develop and implement contract and procurement strategies across the organization and for all spend categories.
- Manage and develop external supplier relationships to foster strategic relationships that will benefit the corporation.
- Development and management of an approved supplier list assuring that all purchases are made with approved suppliers.
- Ensure all competitive procurement meets the applicable Trade Treaty Obligations.
- Communicate and oversee compliance to the Corporation’s Procurement Policy and Procedure across all levels of the organization.
- This role will also contribute to the development, implementation and continuous improvement of Marine Atlantic’s procurement framework, standards and processes.
Why work for the Marine Atlantic team?
Marine Atlantic provides a positive and inclusive work culture that is dedicated to creating an environment which promotes employee growth, career development, and job satisfaction. Some benefits of working with Marine Atlantic include competitive salaries, defined benefit pension plan, comprehensive health benefit packages, and professional development opportunities. Come experience the pride of working with an organization with newly constructed and revitalized infrastructure that has positioned itself for the future.
How do I become part of the team?
If you meet the listed qualifications, are interested in this opportunity and exemplify our core values, please apply online before 4 pm Atlantic Time on 16 August 2018. All applicants must apply online: www.marineatlantic.ca/hiringnow
For your application to be considered, all questions must be completed.
Marine Atlantic is a Federal Crown Corporation that provides a vital ferry service link between Newfoundland and Labrador and mainland Canada. Marine Atlantic Inc. is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Indigenous People, Persons with Disabilities, and Visible Minorities