Reporting to the Vice President of Innovation and Quality in our Charlottetown, PEI office. This position is responsible for the installation, configuration, and maintenance of the Basis component of SAP systems for CONTAX clients and internal systems. The successful candidate will assist in the planning, designing, & architecture of SAP systems across a variety of platforms and databases.
- Bachelor’s degree from a university in IT; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Interest and passion in IT or learning new technologies
- Awareness of databases, data centers, management of servers, and system sizing or load testing
- Exposure to SQL, ERP Systems
- Hardware experience
- Must be able to work independently with little to no supervision, multi-task, and work under tight deadlines
- Must be an effective problem solver
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral), and interpersonal skills
- Proven success in both team-oriented and individual environments
- Work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer
- Experience with systems administration in Oracle
- Familiarity with UNIX / LINUX environment
- Experience with Windows servers
- Familiarity with SAP
- Must be respectful, flexible, honest, and trustworthy
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Outgoing, personable, responsible, self-motivated, and confident
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the organization and adheres to all organizational standards.
- Assist in performing SAP environment builds and refreshes.
- Assist with installing, patching, and maintaining SAP applications.
- Help perform security management by auditing and maintaining roles, privileges, and user profiles.
- Analyze issues and use judgments to make decisions.
- Able to handle nonstandard problems or issues.
- Work with clients for support needs.
- Work flexible hours as required to provide support outside of regular business hours
- Interpret business issues into technical solutions.
- Design and implement technical solutions customized to meet client needs.
- Work to develop an open, honest relationship with clients and partners while providing customers with value-added service/results.
- Communicate with CONTAX staff at all levels to ensure all client needs are addressed.
CONTAX is a SAP Gold Channel Partner and one of the fastest growing and dynamic partners in the SAP Ecosystem.
CONTAX focuses exclusively on implementing and supporting the SAP enterprise applications for both large enterprises and mid-sized companies. Our clients include some of the most prestigious and well-known companies in the world. With clients in USA, Canada and Europe, CONTAX is aggressively expanding our geographical scope and presence in the SAP marketplace.
Our rapid growth and expansion creates challenging, rewarding and interesting career opportunities for career-minded professionals wanting to expand their horizons and take their careers to the next level.
As one of 8 CONTAX locations, the Charlottetown PEI office was established in 2013. Our rapid growth and expansion creates challenging, rewarding and interesting career opportunities for career-minded professionals wanting to expand their horizons and take their careers to the next level.
Please submit resume to: email@example.com