Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Information Technology
– OR –
A combination of equivalent education, job-related training, and work experience in a related position
- 8 years of experience in process analysis using structured methodology
- Thorough knowledge of software development methodologies
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Extensive project management experience
- Strong customer service skills
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Effective budget and time management skills
- Demonstrated experience in change management
- Exemplary teamwork and teambuilding skills
- Green Belt certification in Lean Six Sigma
- – OR –
- Yellow Belt with a commitment to achieve Green Belt or other process improvement certification within 6 months
- Knowledge of SAP and OpenText would be considered an asset
At Marine Atlantic, we do so much more than get people from point A to point B. Whether it’s reunions, long-awaited trips home, or the start of a new adventure, we bring people together. We couldn’t bring people together every day without our own dedicated employees. Our employees embody our core values; they are safety oriented teamplayers who exhibit integrity and commitment, and always strive for excellence. Their understanding and commitment to our values make our employees an invaluable part of our organization.
Marine Atlantic is currently looking for an IT Process Advisor to work with our IM (Information Management) Team located in Port Aux Basques, NL or North Sydney, NS. The successful candidate may choose to work from Port Aux Basques, NL or North Sydney, NS. The
IT/IM Division is charged with all Information Technology and Information Management functions for Marine Atlantic. This includes the complete life-cycle (from deployment to disposition) of all IT systems, proactively seeking out IT improvement areas, delivering IT services and supporting these IT services for internal clients. The IT/IM Division’s role is critical in ensuring that corporate information is appropriately managed and protected.
The IT Process Advisor is a key role within the IM Division; working diligently to achieve the exceptional standards and goals of the Division. With a strong focus on customer service, the IT Process Advisor works to understand, document and improve business processes throughout the organization. This person drives business process improvement through projects and acts as a facilitator of process workshops with team members at all levels of the organization.
Additional Key Areas Of Responsibility
- Process mapping of current and future state processes including complete comprehensive gap analysis
- Functional requirement gathering
- Ensure system testing is conducted properly through a thorough understanding of the business processes affected
- Facilitate cross departmental team meetings and lead business units through the decision making process ensuring the needs of the business units are properly understood, documented and represented · Select the appropriate process improvement tools for each process/project
Why work for the Marine Atlantic team?
As part of the Marine Atlantic team, you will participate in a variety of ongoing training programs and development opportunities to navigate your career and chart your course for success. We provide a positive and inclusive work culture that is dedicated to creating an environment which promotes employee growth, career development, and job satisfaction. Some benefits of working with Marine Atlantic include competitive salaries, defined benefit pension plan, comprehensive health benefit packages, and professional development opportunities. Come experience the pride of working with an organization with newly constructed and revitalized infrastructure that has positioned itself for the future.
How do I become a part of the team?
If you meet the listed qualifications, are interested in this opportunity and exemplify our core values, please apply online before 4 pm (Atlantic Time) on 23 July 2018.
All applicants must apply online: www.marineatlantic.ca/hiringnow
For your application to be considered, all questions must be completed.
Marine Atlantic is a Federal Crown Corporation that provides a vital ferry service link between Newfoundland and Labrador and mainland Canada Marine Atlantic Inc. is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Indigenous People, Persons with Disabilities, and Visible Minorities. To receive this job poster in an alternative format, please contact the Marine Atlantic Human Resources Department (firstname.lastname@example.org).