We’re hiring bilingual (French-English) backshift agents for our brand-new travel insurance emergency assistance team in Halifax. If you are someone who can stay cool even the toughest situations and has amazing communication skills, this could be a great opportunity for you! You’ll be doing meaningful work, helping people in a crisis, and you’ll get valuable experience that you can take forward in either the travel industry or the insurance industry. Are you right for the role? We’ll be frank. You need to be confident in your ability to deal with emotional situations like helping people in times of distress including medical crisis or death in the family. You’ll be explaining complex insurance products, policies, and processes and helping your customer walk through the next steps – so you need to be confident in your ability to work with complicated formal documentation. Here’s the deal: · Full Time Position. 37.5 hours a week (five shifts per week)
Hours of operation: Sunday – Saturday. Midnight to 8:00 am
Starting wage rate is $19.00 per hour
Special New Program Launch Bonus! An extra $150 on your pay when you complete “ICU” (first five shifts after training.) Then! $500 when you reach your six-month anniversary on this project!
At Blue Ocean, we offer:
- Great work space – open concept, architecturally-designed offices flooded with natural light. You’ll enjoy our multiple break rooms and lounges, with internet cafés, white leather sofas, and TVs
- Loads of free parking and bus stops for major bus routes just outside our front door
- Free employee and family assistance program for legal, financial, and health support
- Two weeks paid vacation
- Bi-weekly and monthly staff events and amazing employee appreciation events twice a year
- Gym membership discounts as well as retail and professional service discounts
- Employee benefits after 90 days
Your major responsibilities will be:
- Empathize with customers and quickly assist with challenging situations
- Remain calm during emergency and high-pressure situations
- Provide customers with a superior service experience by listening carefully to them and making good decisions to assist them effectively
- Accurately record information into computer software
- Follow strict procedures for completing and logging transactions
- Fulfill customer expectations in ways that also comply with established policies and procedures
- Effectively learn and use the software and available resources to meet customers’ needs
As a successful applicant, you:
- Are available to work flexible hours as business needs dictate.
- Are calm under pressure, your friends and previous employers would describe you as totally dependable.
- Are a great communicator with excellent listening skills.
- Have a strong ability to learn and adapt quickly in high-pressure situations.
- Can deal with upset customers while demonstrating patience and empathy.
- Have the ability to understand and apply best practices in problem resolution processes.
- Possess excellent multi-tasking skills while maintaining attention to accuracy and detail.
- Have superior customer service skills with the ability to manage customer expectations, establishing credibility and rapport with customers.
- Have strong computer skills.
- Can handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Have a passion for resolving problems in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintain a positive rapport in challenging situations.
- Possess a collaborative “what-ever it takes” attitude and solid work ethic.