Job Title: Cost Analyst
Reference #: 4257
Type of Employment: Full time
Location: Port Hawkesbury, Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia Power’s greatest source of energy is our people. In a culture focused on safety, we’re committed to providing exceptional service to our customers and rewarding jobs to our employees. We’re hiring solution-minded people excited to help us grow into the future. We are currently looking to fill the position of Cost Analyst.
Skills, Capabilities and Experience:
- As the ideal candidate, you have a business degree in finance or accounting, and an accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA). You also have a minimum of five years experience in a related role. Recent graduates who are working towards their Accounting designations, and have ‘work term’ experience, may also be considered.
- You have excellent computer skills using Microsoft Excel and are comfortable using accounting software. A working knowledge of Oracle Financial System, PowerPlan and PeopleSoft would be considered an asset.
- You possess solid oral and written communication skills and have demonstrated success in effectively presenting and communicating ideas at a variety of levels. You have strong organizational skills, are details-oriented, and are comfortable working to deadlines. You can work well independently and in teams.
Accountabilities: As a member of the Power Generation Finance team supporting the Biomass workgroup, the Cost Analyst will be responsible for monitoring the financial performance of the group and for providing reliable and timely information and analysis to the Business Manager and Plant Manager to guide them in the decision making process. This includes:
- Prepare invoices for payment and maintain a payable filing system;
- Process requisitions, liaise with Accounts Payable, Procurement and other internal teams as required;
- Track and monitor annual plant overhaul spend to budget/forecast;
- Provide accounting for the monthly, quarterly and yearly closes;
- Provide detailed variance analyses;
- Provide monthly reconciliations;
- Assist Capital Lead with tracking and reporting on capital project spend;
- Prepare budgets and quarterly forecasts;
- Perform project and operational tasks with good overall quality, while being able to prioritize work to meet deadlines;
- Some Travel will be required with this position;
- You will be responsible for your personal safety and that of your co-workers by observing all Occupational Health and Safety Rules and Regulations
Reports to: Business Manager
Form of Application: Click the APPLY button at the end of the online job posting. Complete all required information fields, and copy and paste your covering letter and resume into the online form.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Must Be Received By: All interested candidates should apply no later than April 30th, 2018. Late applications may not receive consideration.
Recruitment and Promotion Policy: When filling vacant positions, we are determined to hire the best candidates available. We’re committed to providing employees with a fair and equal opportunity to compete for jobs. Hiring and promotion of employees is based on skills, capabilities, knowledge and demonstrated abilities.
We value diversity in the workplace and strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates including African Nova Scotians and other members of the visible minority community, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and women in non-traditional roles.
Normally, unless otherwise requested in advance, the supervisors of internal candidates selected for an interview will be contacted in order to facilitate scheduling of the interviews. The supervisor will maintain the confidentiality of the employee’s application.
For more information and to apply please visit our website at www.nspower.ca and apply online.