If you are interested in being considered
Please provide the following information to help us assess your qualifications:
- a short video (5 min. max) or covering letter introducing yourself and explaining why you would be the ideal candidate as well as how you will contribute to exceeding client expectations; (see below for instructions)
- your current academic status and confirmation of graduation;
- a copy of your transcripts;
- the names and contact information for three (3) references (2 work related which can include paid or volunteer services as well as a character reference which could be a colleague or a professor from your educational institution)
- your first official language
Your ability to communicate in your second official language (French or English):
* SLE tests will be administered at a later date
Please note that applicants who are currently in the process of finalizing their studies need to be able to demonstrate that they will graduate by June 30, 2018 in order to be further considered.
The required education is: Graduation with a University degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in an area related to administration, business, finance and/or human resources.
Note: Proof of education credentials, in the form of a diploma or official transcripts (original documents only) will need to be provided at a later time in this process.
- Reviewing, researching and analyzing compensation files
- Performing transactions supporting pay and benefits
- Data entry and data integrity
- Liaising with members of the in-house pay team across Canada as well as colleagues within the Public Service Pay Centre
- Providing advice and guidance on inquiries from clients
- Building standards of practice
- Electronic file management
- Using Excel to enter and modify information
- Using computer applications such as PeopleSoft and
SAP to enter and modify information
Pay Scale: $51,538 to $57,643 per year (plus retention allowances)
Positions to be filled: 20-25
Location: One of the following in the Atlantic region, (either Cape Breton, NS, Charlottetown, PEI, or St. Johns, NL) Location will be chosen depending on the availability of office space
If you are client service driven, good with numbers and analysis, and are hardworking, you may be interested in pursuing an exciting opportunity in the Public Service!
Health Canada is the federal department responsible for helping Canadians maintain and improve their health. Pursuing a career at Health Canada provides employees with an opportunity to learn and grow in a dynamic and constantly evolving workplace. The Corporate Service Branch (CSB) is looking for new talent to support the provision of compensation services for the many talented public servants working within Health Canada and the Public Health Agency of Canada. This entails assisting in resolving pay issues, providing guidance and recommendations on case management, supporting employees on sensitive and confidential problems and delivering excellent client service. We are looking for employees with high potential and we will offer comprehensive training and orientation to develop you in your new role. We are on a fast-track staffing process hoping to have a team in place before the end of summer. We will be conducting interviews onsite and offering conditional on-the-spot offers for a period of 2 years with the possibility of extension. As part of the federal Public Service which is one of the biggest employers in the country, employees at Health
Canada enjoy an exceptional workplace coupled with generous benefits including health and dental care. Health Canada has been ranked several times as one of the best employers for diversity and for youth in Canada. We look forward to having you join our team, where you will be encouraged to share your thoughts and innovative ideas.
Our intent is to interview candidates onsite in June and provide conditional on-the-spot job offers to successful candidates. We anticipate start dates in July/August.
As part of this process, you can expect to be assessed by using various tools, such as:
- a written exam
- a group interview
- reference checks
If you require special accommodations due to a physical or health issue which could impede your performance on the exam, interview and/or application process, please advise us as soon as possible so that alternative arrangements can be made. We will be communicating to you by email. Please ensure you include a valid email address in your application and make sure that it is functional at all times and accepts messages from unknown users (some email systems block these types of email). It is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to your contact information during the course of this selection process.
PLEASE submit your application by sending an email including the link to your video or covering letter, your resume, proof of graduation, transcripts and references to the following address: email@example.com.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Priority will be given to Canadian Citizens.
NOTE: Your application must be received by July 20th, 2018 to be considered