CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Capital Markets – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees – access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
The Commercial Banking Associate Program provides you with the foundation required to become a Commercial Banker and trusted partner to Canada’s leading business organizations. The program includes on-the-job learning, formal classroom and on-line training opportunities that are designed to build your skills in business development, credit structuring and cash management. You will be assigned a coach and work closely with senior members of the Commercial Banking team to learn how to proactively engage clients and work with partners to identify clients’ needs and create competitive solutions to meet those needs. Additionally, you will learn financial and statistical analysis and develop solid technical capabilities. Your work will expose you to industry, economic and political trends, and regulatory issues.
This is a development role for the Commercial Banking Line of Business that offers an opportunity to learn the products, processes, networks and functions to enable and equip you to eventually progress to a role as a Manager, Commercial Banking. Managers, Commercial Banking are partners to and champions of our clients’ businesses, committed to delivering on flexible business solutions, dedicated business expertise and sound business advice to help our clients realize their goals. Upon successful completion of the Commercial Banking Associate Program, you will take on this role, managing and growing a portfolio of Commercial Banking clients by proactively developing new business opportunities in the community and ensuring clients’ day-to-day banking needs are being met at the highest level.
What You’ll be Doing:
As a member of our team you will have the opportunity to:
- Work proactively with coaches, leaders and colleagues throughout Commercial Banking to develop the professional networks that drive future success
- Assist with the execution of business development initiatives and establish client contacts to develop referral sources and centres of influence
- Assist in analyzing business growth opportunities through comprehensive industry, client and prospect research
- Prepare analyses in support of credit submissions including structuring and documentation
- Apply acquired industry/company knowledge to the development of client/prospect proposals for financial and strategic solutions to meet client needs
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field to be completed by spring/summer 2017
- Strong client and relationship management skills
- Proven aptitude for business development, propensity for sales
- Solid problem solving and issue resolution skills
- Highly effective written and oral communication
- High level of thoroughness and diligence, and a strong results orientation
What CIBC Can Offer You:
What You Need to Know:
- Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified below and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role
- This role operates within a normal office environment with little exposure to adverse working conditions.
Location: Sydney, Nova Scotia
CIBC thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Send cover letter, resume and transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 pm on January 15, 2017.