Classic Find Foods in Sydney NS is hiring for a summer co-op position of QA/QC Assistant reports directly to the Food Quality & Safety Manager who is responsible for the overall day-to-day ISO program (FSCC 22000) program. This paid-full-time co-op position will begin May 1st, 2018 and end in August 2018.
The Assistant shall have the training and responsibility as follows:
- Assist in the maintenance of the food safety management and update if required.
- Coordinate activities of the food safety team and organize its work when delegated.
- Ensure relevant training and education of the food safety team members.
- Report to the Food Quality & Safety Manager and Vice President on the effectiveness and suitability of the food safety management system as appropriate.
- Ensure relevant training and education is up to date for all staff members.
- Assist with food safety recalls/mock recall, mock fire drills, mock emergency response drills
- Assist in management of open source database as it relates to quality.
- Update quality documents as required
- Carryout nutritional analysis through software.
- Review of documentation including checklists, microbial tests.
- Initiate corrective action reports and non-conformance reports as required.
- Inventory control including organizing paperwork, verification of information when required, entering into Excel database, filing and monitoring system.
- Credentials (certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, etc.): Background in the QA/QC field with a related degree such as Food Science or Applied Nutrition would be a definite asset. Certificates in Food Safety and HACCP are also appropriate.
- Work Conditions: Fast-paced environment, tight deadlines, ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Essential Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office, open source database experience, math skills, strong verbal communication skills, working alone and with others, following & issuing directives, decision making, continuous learning.
- Own Tools/Equipment: Designated Non-Slip Bakery Shoes
- Open to Bachelor of Health Sciences – Public Health students. Student must take CBU Co-op Work Term Course with this position and be returning to full-time studies in the Fall.
• Assist in preparation and attend quarterly management meetings related to the FSSC 22000 program.
• Attend production meetings.
• Interact with external contract auditor for internal audits as carried out throughout the year.
• Ensure all employees are aware and trained on Procedures and Standard Operating Instructions
• Ensure all Standard Operating Instructions are observed
• Issue and monitor Non-Conformance Reports and Corrective Action Reports
• Create, modify and assign numbers to forms in Quality Management Program
• Monitor to ensure records are completed Daily, Weekly, Monthly Checklists as appropriate.
• Monitor Annual Checklists
• Check Microbial tests 3 times per week. Conduct semi-annually plate testing, swabs (microbial) and water testing.
• Assist in inspection of premises for food safety issues and bring to attention of management/supervisors
• Other duties that may be assigned by the Food Quality & Safety Manager.
Interested students should submit a cover letter and resume to:
CBU Student Placement Officer Carly Turnbull email@example.com
Applications must be received by 4:00 p.m. April 13, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note: this position requires that the successful applicant enroll in Co-op – to learn more about this option in your degree please contact firstname.lastname@example.org