The County of Lambton is an urban-rural area in southwestern Ontario that is home to over 126,000 residents. The Corporation’s seven divisions operate programs and services for the residents of Lambton County such as land ambulance, provincial offences court, three Long-Term Care Homes, 26 library branches, two museums, an art gallery, archives, local roadways, public health services, housing services, social services, building services and planning and development services. Lambton County is a community dedicated to economic growth, environmental stewardship and an enhanced quality of life through the provision of responsive and efficient services and collaborative efforts with its municipal and community partners.
Minimum Formal Education:
- Enrolment in Environmental Health program at a recognized University or College
- Note: Student Public Health Inspectors (with degree) have completed their 4 year degree and are waiting to sit their board of certification or have sat their boards and are awaiting their results. As such, the majority of the duties and activities undertaken by the student PHI (with degree) are done in consultation and under the supervision of a Certified PHI.
- No related experience is required
- Note: Some students in this position may have already completed their 3 month practicum the year before they graduated. Some student PHI’s with degree may already have 3+ months experience working in public health.
- A valid Ontario driver’s license and use of a vehicle.
*Please Note: Pending 100% Ministry Funding for Public Health Inspector Practicum Program.*
Applies public health knowledge, techniques, and skills to reduce the incidence of communicable diseases, food and water borne illness, and health hazards in the community in accordance with the Ontario Public Health Standards and associated Protocols and Guidelines; the Health Protection and Promotion Act and associated Regulations; and all other pertinent legislation.
How to Apply
To view the full job posting and to apply online by midnight Sunday, March 25, 2018, please visit www.lambtononline.ca/jobs and select Job# J0218-1035.
Job Number: J0218-1035
Position Status: Temporary Full Time
Union: CUPE 1291
Division: Public Health Services
Facility: Lambton Public Health
City: Point Edward, Ontario, Canada
Number of Positions: 2
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Wage Rate: $23.51 – $26.31/Hour
Date Posted: March 5, 2018
Closing Date: March 25, 2018
Starting Date: May 22, 2018