Bellwether Media Inc
Sales and Marketing Representative
476 Chebucto Street
Baddeck, Nova Scotia B0E1B0
This is a Salary + Commission-based position.
Experience / School:
- Bellwether Media Inc. will consider candidates with a combination of the following education and work experience:
diploma, certificate or undergraduate degree in marketing, advertising or business
- 1-3 years of experience working in a sales or marketing position is an asset
- Strong communication skills to confidently explain information and converse with customers/clients
- Organizational skills to effectively process all paperwork
- Computer literate in Mac or PC computer environment and familiar with Microsoft Office and cloud-based programs
- Self-confidence to take the initiative to approach potential customers/clients
- Achievement-motivated to work with Bellwether Media to set and surpass realistic goals
- Must possess a valid driver’s licence
- Must own and/or have dependable access to a reliable vehicle
- Previous experience in newspaper or magazine sales
- Previous experience working CRM software such as MagHub, Sales Force or NewsNet/Adwork
As a Sales and Marketing Representative for Bellwether Media Inc, your primary focus will be selling print and digital display advertisements for our flagship publication, The Victoria Standard newspaper. There is also great potential for commission-based earnings from selling advertising in several supplements that we produce.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Maintain assigned accounts while developing new accounts
- Identify new advertising markets, and propose products to serve them
- Study clients’ products, needs, problems, advertising history, and business practices in order to effectively explain to clients how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible
- Prepare promotional plans, sales literature, media kits, and sales contracts and all other paperwork related to accounts
- Write copy for advertisements when requested by client
- Deliver advertising or illustration proofs to customers for approval
- Log customer/client calls to maintain high customer service levels
- Become familiar with, and routinely input client information into MagHub, our industry CRM and advertising management software (will train)
- Be a graduate of a college or university program.
- Be between 19 and 30 years of age.
- Not have an open claim with Employment Insurance.
- Be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada.
- Not have relevant previous work experience.
TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT SSBDC.CA/JOBS