MacCoy Insurance Brokers Limited
Personal Lines Representative (Sales & Marketing)
140 Pitt Street
Sydney, Nova Scotia B1P 6R7
- have strong working knowledge of computers, word processing, (Microsoft Office preferred), Power Broker Insurance Software Program, Microsoft Outlook, Compu-quote, typing ability with a minimum of 60 words per minute
- develop knowledge of office equipment to assist in job performance, photo-copy machine, telephone system, facsimile machines, upload/download – EDI, E-Mail, Internet, scanning
- develop strong familiarity with brokerage’s policy and procedures
- develop strong familiarity with personal lines insurer personnel and product lines
- enroll in insurance related courses
- be eligible for bonding
- actively solicit and follow-up expiry dates from existing clients and call-in quotes for account development; obtain all pertinent underwriting information
- promote and recommend optimal coverage and additional products available from insurers that best protects the client
- total familiarity and updates of policy wordings of representative companies
- total familiarity of package policies, including rating and comparisons of differing packages
- knowledge of products, availability and changes in product, price and benefits provided by insurers
- market client proposals with representative companies to gather and compare coverage and prices available, including follow-up contacts filing of client business
- maintain notes for personal lines sales, quotes, binders, client phone messages and schedules
- assist and arrange the best available coverage designed to protect the client’s interests at a competitive premium
and all other related or unrelated duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Be a graduate of a college or university program.
- Be between 19 and 30 years of age.
- Not have an open claim with Employment Insurance.
- Be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada.
- Not have relevant previous work experience.
TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT SSBDC.CA/JOBS