L’Arche is an international federation of communities where people with and without developmental disabilities live and work together. We celebrate the unique value of every person and recognize our need for one another. L’Arche Cape Breton is a large organization spread through rural Inverness County with several diverse work program and a vibrant community life.
L’Arche Cape Breton is seeking a full time program assistant at The Angel’s Loft craft & art studio. This position will begin in early December and run for one year.
- training & background in the arts
- experience building community
- experience with people with intellectual disabilities
- enthusiasm and openness to new experiences
- attention to detail
- The Angel’s Loft craft studio produces framed art, greeting cards, weaving, papier maché, and woodworking, and recently received the Craft Sector Contributor award from the Cape Breton Centre for Craft and Design.
- We are seeking someone to support men and women with intellectual disabilities in creative art projects, as well as tasks of daily living.
Please forward resumes, cover letters, and references before November 25, 2016 to:
L’Arche Cape Breton
3 L’Arche Lane, R.R. #1
Orangedale, N.S. B0E 2K0
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please call 902-756-3162.