L’Arche Cape Breton is a member of a world-wide network of L’Arche communities established in 1964 by the philosopher, theologian and humanitarian, Jean Vanier. L’Arche is an international federation of faith-based communities creating homes and day programs for people with and without intellectual disabilities. L’Arche Cape Breton is faithful to its mission of making known the gifts of people with intellectual disabilities and to engage in its diverse cultures, working together toward a more human society.
Homes Coordinator within L’Arche:
The Homes Coordinator is a key member of the Leadership Team of L’Arche Cape Breton. S/he is inspired by the stories, history, values, charism and vision of L’Arche, and is a role model for engaging and supporting others, particularly the House Leaders in community in exploring how L’Arche values and mission can be more fully brought to life in community. S/he also motivates House Leaders and Assistants to become committed, long-term leaders for L’Arche.
This is a full-time role. Anticipated start date is March 1, 2017.
Ideal Qualities and Qualifications:
- Well-rooted in the vision and mission of L’Arche, and of L’Arche Cape Breton in particular, and live these values both inside and outside the community
- Good leadership skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills
- Effective communication skills
- Compassionate listener
- Ability to foster a spirit of welcome and togetherness in homes and in community
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Competent in collaborating with professionals such as government officials, healthcare professionals, etc.
Homes Coordinator Role Description:
- House Leader Supervision: Responsible for leading House Leaders in fulfilling their roles with clear direction, supervision, skill building and support.
- Household Management: Responsible for supporting House Leaders and others to create a homey, inclusive and welcoming environment where every member has a voice and invited to contribute.
- Licensing and Inspection: Responsible for leading homes to a high standard by conducting regular inspections of the houses and ensuring documentation is kept organized, accurate and timely. The Homes Coordinator is also responsible for understanding and adhering to the guidelines, policies and regulations of L’Arche Cape Breton and government bodies.
- Core Member Support: Responsible for supporting high quality of care for each core member by modeling and teaching good caregiving and best practices for physical, medical and emotional care.
To apply, please send your resume with the names and contact information for three references and a cover letter.
Applications to be directed to Mukthar Limpao at email@example.com.
Deadline for application is 12:00 p.m. on December 27, 2016.