L’Arche Cape Breton is a member of a world-wide network of L’Arche communities established in 1964 by the philosopher, theologian and humanitarian Jean Vanier. L’Arche is an international federation of faith-based communities creating homes and day programs for people with and without intellectual disabilities. L’Arche Cape Breton is faithful to its mission of making known the gifts of people with intellectual disabilities and to engage in its diverse cultures, working together toward a more human society.
Assistants Coordinator within L’Arche:
The Assistants Coordinator is a key member of the Leadership Team of L’Arche Cape Breton. S/he is inspired by the stories, history, values, charism and vision of L’Arche. The Assistants Coordinator has a strong commitment to nurturing the gifts and growth of the Assistants in community and a passion for engaging and supporting others, particularly the Assistants, in exploring how L’Arche values and mission can be fully brought to life in community.
This is a full-time role. Anticipated start date is March 1, 2017.
Ideal Qualities and Qualifications:
- Well-rooted in the vision and mission of L’Arche, and of L’Arche Cape Breton in particular, and live these values both inside and outside the community
- Good leadership skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills
- Effective communication skills and a compassionate listener
- Ability to foster a spirit of welcome and togetherness in homes and in community
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Assistants Coordinator Role Description:
- Application Processing: Responsible for ensuring that the Assistant needs of the community are met by proactively reviewing and completing applications in collaboration with L’Arche Atlantic, L’Arche Canada and other international organizations.
- Welcome and Orientation of Assistants: Responsible for facilitating arrival of new Assistants and ensuring they receive necessary orientation relevant to their roles.
- Training and Formation: Responsible for implementing quality training and formation for Assistants and volunteers to meet government requirements and to improve skills, confidence and passion for L’Arche. She/he is also responsible for integrating Servant Leadership model into all aspects of community life.
- Supervision: In collaboration with the Leadership Team and the House Leaders, responsible for leading Assistants with clear direction, supervision, skill building and support.
- Recruitment: Responsible for making every effort to ensure “best fit” Assistants are recruited and welcomed to the community.
To apply, please send your resume with the names and contact information for three references and a cover letter.
Applications to be directed to Mukthar Limpao at email@example.com.
Deadline for application is 12:00 p.m. on December 27, 2016.