Governor’s Pub & Eatery
Sydney, Nova Scotia B1P 5Y8
Governor’s Pub & Eatery is looking for a highly motivated individual who is: efficient, discrete, flexible, self-motivated, organized, proactive and a good communicator. The right person will have strong administrative, communications and event management skills to work in a hectic work environment. Governor’s is rated the best restaurant in Cape Breton maintains the highest standards in dining and offsite catering events. We are looking for a dynamic candidate to join our team as we grow in Cape Breton.
-Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or equivalent.
-Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
-Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with customers and staff.
-Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are essential.
-Event Management experience an asset.
-Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
-Emotional maturity a must.
-Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
-Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing priorities and demonstrate the highest level of customer service and response.
-Demonstrated ability to achieve high-performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
-Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
-Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms an asset.
-A great sense of humour a must to work in a fun, professional work environment!
As the Communications Coordinator, the position demands competences and skill at performing the following duties:
- Reading, monitoring and responding to email
- Answering calls and liaising with clients & suppliers competently
- Preparing correspondence on your superior’s behalf
- Delegating work in your superior’s absence
- Managing your supervisor’s electronic diary
- Planning and organizing meetings with customers and suppliers
- Organizing travel and preparing complex itineraries for catering events and requirements
- Securing necessary permits for all offsite events
- Attending meetings on your supervisor’s behalf
- Taking action points and writing minutes for meetings
- Preparing papers and or estimates for meetings
- Planning, organizing and managing events
- Drafting communications and social media postings
- Preparing presentations & proposals
- Managing and reviewing filing and office systems
- Managing special events and catering projects
- Advanced-level skills in Word for Windows, Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint. In addition to Hoot Suite and Google Analytics
- Be a graduate of a college or university program.
- Be between 19 and 30 years of age.
- Not have an open claim with Employment Insurance.
- Be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada.
- Not have relevant previous work experience.
TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT SSBDC.CA/JOBS