The beautiful and culturally progressive State of Qatar is home to the world class post-secondary institution, College of the North Atlantic-Qatar (CNA-Q). Internationally recognized as a comprehensive technical college, CNA-Q is committed to high quality, student-centered education. This commitment is reflected through state-of-the-art facilities, accessible and responsive technology programs and strong partnerships with industry.
The college in Qatar is owned by the State but as part of the Comprehensive Agreement, operates as College of the North Atlantic-Qatar. With more than 600 staff and 2,400 students, CNA-Q is one of Qatar’s largest post-secondary institutions. By providing training in a range of technical areas including Engineering Technology, Health Sciences, Industrial Trades, Business Studies and Information Technology, CNA-Q brings the State closer to the goals of Qatar National Vision 2030.
Working as a Project Management Specialist:
The Institutional Research and Planning department supports CNA-Q in achieving institutional effectiveness through a strengths-based, integrated and collaborative approach. Reporting to the Director of Institutional Research and Planning, the Project Management Specialist is a highly organized and results-focused individual who supports Institutional Research and Planning and CNAQ in leading key strategic projects. The priority projects over the next three years for Institutional Research and Planning are data management/governance, data warehouse development and implementation, and integrated planning. As a key part of the IR&P team, the Project Management Specialist is an exemplary communicator who is able to influence internal and external stakeholders through their collaborative philosophy.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field (an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered).
- Progressive experience in leading and managing complex projects from design to implementation
- Experience and knowledge of designing and facilitating collaborative planning or project sessions
- Knowledge of project management concepts and processes
- Knowledge of project management software
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Negotiation and problem solving skills
- Customer service skills
- Intercultural competence including intercultural sensitivity and adaptability
- Experience in higher education (preferred)
- Knowledge of data management/governance, data warehousing, and/or integrated planning in higher education (asset)
- A graduate degree in a related field (preferred)
- Project management certification (preferred)
- Knowledge of the CNA college system and its programs (preferred)
- A commitment to a strengths-based and appreciative approach to planning, decision making and organizational development (preferred)
The Project Management Specialist will work in an integrated way with the other areas of Institutional Research and Planning such as Institutional Research and Institutional Effectiveness to:
- Provide project management leadership for key strategic projects including data management, data warehouse development and implementation, and integrated planning
- Design and facilitate collaborative project planning sessions
- Manage multiple concurrent college-wide projects
- Build internal integrated planning process and project management capacity by supporting and educating relevant CNA-Q stakeholders on best practices
- Work collaboratively to establish project selection and prioritization process for the Institutional Research and Planning Department as well as the CNA-Q executive
- Lead the development of a project management and integrated planning community of practice
NOTE: Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the State of Qatar visa process.
To apply, please look to the website: http://www.cna.nl.ca/careers/
- If called for an interview, you must send original transcripts directly to our office from the institution(s) prior to the interview.
- Successful candidates must provide a recent Certificate of Conduct.
For more information on working and living in Qatar, please visit website at http://www.cna.nl.ca/qatar.
Deadline for application is January 3, 2017.