The beautiful and culturally progressive State of Qatar is home to the world class post-secondary institution, College of the North Atlantic-Qatar (CNA-Q). Internationally recognized as a comprehensive technical college, CNA-Q is committed to high quality, student-centered education. This commitment is reflected through state-of-the-art facilities, accessible and responsive technology programs and strong partnerships with industry.
The college in Qatar is owned by the State but as part of the Comprehensive Agreement, operates as College of the North Atlantic-Qatar. With more than 600 staff and 2,400 students, CNA-Q is one of Qatar’s largest post-secondary institutions. By providing training in a range of technical areas including Engineering Technology, Health Sciences, Industrial Trades, Business Studies and Information Technology, CNA-Q brings the State closer to the goals of Qatar National Vision 2030.
Working as a Human Resources Instructor:
The instructor will be responsible for the development, delivery and evaluation of a broad range of courses within the Business Studies (Human Resources) program. All employees are expected to contribute to professional and community life within the College and beyond.
- A Bachelor Degree in Business/Commerce or equivalent with major course work in Human Resource Management or Industrial Relations with recent, relevant work experience is required
- A thorough knowledge of the fundamentals and practices of Human Resources
- Expertise in curriculum development
- Knowledge and understanding of a variety of delivery and student success strategies, current teaching and learning methodologies
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of the appropriate use and integration of technology in the teaching and learning process
- Ability to meet the needs of a diverse student population and develop effective working relationships across all levels of the organization
- Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills and expert fluency in English
- Effective problem solving skills, an ability to work in a team and learner centered environment
- Intercultural competence including intercultural sensitivity and adaptability, and the ability to conduct oneself appropriately and effectively in another culture
- Knowledge of the CNA system and its programs would be assets
- A Bachelor of Education (Secondary or Post-Secondary) with eligibility for membership in an appropriate professional association would be assets
- Evaluate student progress and manage the resources of the learning environment
- Liaise with industry and other educational institutions
- Participate in industry advisory committees and coordinate
- Manage and control projects within the specified program area
- Keep course portfolio documents required for accreditation processes and engage in instructional development/improvement plans
If you are a CANADIAN CITIZEN with excellent English language skills and are ready for a professional and personal adventure in the Middle East, we’d like to hear from you.
NOTE: Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the State of Qatar visa process.
To apply, please look to the website: http://www.cna.nl.ca/careers/
If called for an interview, you must send original transcripts directly to our office from the institution(s) prior to the interview. Successful candidates must provide a recent Certificate of Conduct.
For more information on working and living in Qatar, please visit website at http://www.cna.nl.ca/qatar.
Deadline for application is January 3, 2017.