Innovations Port Support Services
Business Development Representative
609 Church St., Suite 203
Port Hawkesbury, Nova Scotia B9A 2X4
- Preference given to Business Administration B.B.A Entrepreneurship program graduates
- Highly organized and have the ability to work independently
- The ability to sell and influence others
- The ability to utilize critical thinking to ask good questions, and listen to client problems, and provide relevant solutions
- Outstanding customer focused service, ongoing positive attitude and a results-oriented, driven personality
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, and tech savvy
- The ability to create and/or edit proposals to potential clients
- Proficiency with word processing, desktop publishing, presentation software, and spreadsheet applications
- Successfully pass a Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Vulnerable Sector Search (VSS)
- Travel may be required upon occasion, valid Canadian Passport required
During the exploratory phase of our diversified service offering in digital education for K-12, the role of the business manager will be to identify and prioritize potential clients; work with the C.O.O. to develop the sales and business processes to deliver services to clients; and provide input into branding strategy. Upon launch, the role of the Business Development Manager is to contribute to the development of relationships with potential clients, to drive new opportunities from conception to delivery. The Business Development Manager must thrive on cold calling and can deliver professional solutions based presentations.
- General marketing research / prospecting to Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Cold call to set up meeting opportunities to develop and maintain good business relationships with potential clients
- Strong objection handling skills and comfortable with rejection
- Uncover the clients true needs and recommend the best solution to address those needs
- Issue proposals to clients and follow up promptly and professionally
- Attend various functions and conferences to continuously maintain and develop business opportunities
Maintain working knowledgeable of industry and current on industry trends and innovations
- Be a graduate of a college or university program.
- Be between 19 and 30 years of age.
- Not have an open claim with Employment Insurance.
- Be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada.
- Not have relevant previous work experience.
TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT SSBDC.CA/JOBS