Business Development Officer, Addington Publications Ltd.
48 Main St.
Guysborough, Nova Scotia B0H 1N0
We are a small rural publishing company, established in 1994. The main business activity is publishing a weekly community newspaper, the Guysborough Journal. We have made recent forays into online publication and promotion. www.guysboroughjournal.com
We are looking for a business graduate or journalism graduate with strong interest in business/publishing.
Candidates should have proven abilities to:
- take initiative
- conduct research including in-person interviews
- work both independently and part of a team (where some members are in remote locations)
- strong social media knowledge/abilities, preferably including paid promotion opportunities
- strong communication and interpersonal skills
- interest in rural communities
- ability to develop business development strategies/plans
The Business Development Officer will:
- research and assess changing media landscape
- related to community newspapers and identify successful strategies elsewhere, particularly in rural context, which may have opportunities for local application
- explore options for client management software, make recommendations and develop chosen platform
- investigate, develop and implement strategy for online advertising on newspaper website
- investigate opportunities for online promotion of company offering and make recommendations, assist with implementation
- develop annual advertising schedule
- renew/strengthen relationships with existing clients
- promote advertising/partnership opportunities with existing clients
- identify and pursue relationships with prospective clients
- may occasionally report on local business stories
- Be a graduate of a college or university program.
- Be between 19 and 30 years of age.
- Not have an open claim with Employment Insurance.
- Be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada.
- Not have relevant previous work experience.
Please apply through the following link: http://ssbdc.ca/jobs/