Hiring locations: Antigonish, New Glasgow, Halifax, Sydney, Port Hawkesbury, Yarmouth Looking to kick start your career right at the heart of business?
Employers are full of advice when it comes to recruiting great talent. Largely it’s ‘choose us’. Our approach is different. We invite you to get to know us, understand what we have to offer, and listen to what our people have to say about Grant Thornton – then decide for yourself whether that fits in with what you’re looking for. That’s our advice.
What do we offer?
- Leaders who support your development – We offer extensive training and support to help you obtain your CPA designation, as well as best-in-class management skills and leadership development opportunities to support our people as they advance along their chosen career path.
- Clear path for advancement – In addition to a career in audit, we also offer numerous career options across Canada in practice areas such as tax, corporate finance, forensic accounting, mergers and acquisitions, recovery and reorganization and many more. We can map out a clear path for your career advancement in the service area that interests you most.
- Interesting and challenging client engagements – The profile of our clients and the nature of our services allow us to offer interesting and challenging work and assignments for our people, including our entry level professionals.
- A really great place to work – Grant Thornton has been recognized by the Great Place to Work as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for the last ten consecutive years.
- Flexibility – At Grant Thornton we work hard. But we also know how to have fun and we respect the fact that our people have lives outside of work, which sometimes requires a flexible schedule or work arrangement. While your first two years will be focused on completing your CPA designation, your flexibility options will increase after that.
- Competitive Total Rewards – We benchmark our compensation practices externally on a frequent and regular basis to ensure that we provide competitive compensation and benefits for our people.
- Global opportunities – We have more offices across Canada than any other professional services firm. As well, we’re part of a global organization with offices in more than 130 countries.
- An opportunity to make a difference – From the targeted efforts of the Grant Thornton Foundation, to our Campus Charity Campaign, to the grass roots activities that take place across the firm every day, we’re committed to making a difference in the communities in which we work and live.
What we’re looking for:
- You have demonstrated academic excellence
- You have an ability to create and build meaningful relationships based on strong rapport, trust and respect
- You have the business acumen to connect the dots between current events and how they impact the world around you
- You are intellectually curious and strive to think and see from different perspectives
- You have the courage to do things that are outside of your comfort zone
- You have a keen interest in developing the capability to provide business advice to multiple clients across different industries
- You are committed to pursuing the CPA designation and completing the relevant designation pre-requisites
- You have completed your post-secondary degree
Who we are?
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re an international professional services firm that feels like anything but.
We employ over 4,000 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and our communities.
That’s what’s most important to us. We want to build a thriving organization and still remember what your favourite milkshake flavor is (ours is grape, just so you know.)
Join our team!
To become a member of one of the most dynamic firms in Canada, please submit:
- Your resume
- Cover lette
- A copy of your most recent transcripts
The application deadline is: Wednesday, September 20th – 11:59am AST
For more information or to apply for this position contact Jennifer Currie, 902-563-1196.
If you are selected to move forward in the recruiting process the first step will be for you to complete a digital interview through HireVue. Digital interviewing is a modern way to interview which sets a level playing field for all candidates. Simply record your answers to pre-set interview questions from Grant Thornton LLP using your computer and webcam, or your mobile device.
We are committed to electronically confirming with all applicants when an application has been received and to electronically notify all applicants when positions they have applied to have been filled.