Sydney Credit Union is a progressive, full-service co-operative financial institution with more than 14,000 members and approximately $175 million in assets. We are committed to providing high quality financial solutions to enhance the economic well-being of our members and the community in which we serve.
We are currently recruiting students for summer work in the position of Member Service Representative to provide high quality counter and telephone service to current and prospective members of the credit union.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Member Service Representative will be responsible for:
- Processing and balancing various financial transactions
- Updating member computer records
- Answering questions and assisting members in making the most effective usage of product and service offerings
- Presenting and explaining basic credit union products and services and cross selling on the benefits of utilizing other credit union services
- Resolving problems or discrepancies concerning member accounts within assigned limits
- Opening and closing safety deposit box accounts
- General office administration including filing of signature cards and other credit union documents
- Assisting and backing-up other team members and completing other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have successfully completed a High School diploma or GED plus have up to one year’s related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. The incumbent will also have:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to handle and balance cash
- Proven data entry skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in operating adding machines/calculators, fax machines, photocopiers and related equipment generally found in a business office
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proven ability to perform basic mathematical calculations with or without a calculator
Initiative, enthusiasm and a willingness to learn new skills and tasks would be essential attributes of the successful candidate, as well as a keen understanding and commitment to developing and nurturing member relations.
Sydney Credit Union offers competitive compensation. This is an hourly paid position commencing approximately at the beginning of May through to the end of August depending on the successful candidate’s ability.
Application deadline: March 30, 2016
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter by email to: email@example.com