We currently have a 4-8 month Tax Co-op Student position (starting January 2016) available in the Tax team of the National Finance group, located in Stellarton, Nova Scotia, reporting to the Director of Tax Reporting & Compliance. As the successful candidate, you have a desire to learn and superior attention to detail.
Please note: The preference is for this role to be an 8 month term; however, we are open to the possibility of a 4 month term as well – please specify the duration you are available for in your cover letter.
What you’ll get to do in this fast paced role:
- Preparing income tax provisions under IFRS
- Prepare Canadian corporate tax returns for legal entities within the Sobeys corporate structure
- Other projects as required
- Enrolment in an undergraduate accounting or finance degree program
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Knowledge of Longview, CCH Tax Suite, & Systems Applications and Processes (SAP is an asset)
Applications will only be accepted online. Email or paper copies of applications will not be accepted. To be considered for this position, please apply at the following link: https://sobeys.hua.hrsmart.com/ats/js_job_details.php?reqid=39690
You may also view additional information about Sobeys and review other career opportunities on our Company Career website located at: www.sobeyscareers.ca
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. We are only accepting online applications and welcome applications from all qualified people interested in this challenge. We will be contacting only those who will be selected to interview.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)