Shannex Incorporated is a leading and innovative provider of senior’s accommodation, care and service in the Maritimes. Shannex is an expanding organization that currently employs over 3,000 people. We are on an exciting path of continued growth that will offer outstanding living choices, improved services and exceptional careers.
Located in Halifax, and reporting to the Manager, Compensation and Benefits as part of the Shannex Finance Division. The Financial Analyst will provide analysis, auditing, and general accounting support to all subdivisions of the finance department.
As the successful candidate you will work closely with the Accounting Services team (AR/AP) as well as the Payroll and Benefits team ensuring the accuracy of financial transactions.
- Have strong organizational skills and ensure the job is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Communicate in a clear, honest and professional manner.
- Have the ability to work independently.
- Work collaboratively and actively as part of a multi-disciplinary team to achieve desired results while developing and maintaining positive working relationships with team members.
- Have proficient knowledge of Word/Excel software.
Duties and Responsibilities May Include:
- Audit data accuracy.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet general ledger accounts and sub ledgers on a monthly basis.
- Research CICA accounting handbook guidelines as required.
- Maintain clients’ accounts.
- Prepare for processing monthly remittances.
- Monitoring aged receivables and collect on all overdue accounts.
- Participate in projects as needed.
- Expected Outcomes:This position provides an opportunity to take much of the knowledge gained in class and apply it in industry. It is also an opportunity to build skills in financial statement preparation fundamentals, full-cycle transactions, as well as internal controls and auditing techniques. The successful applicant will have an opportunity:
- To contribute to “best practices” within the Finance Department and participate in quality initiatives.
- To participate in process re-design to create efficiency and productivity that will impact all divisions of Shannex.
- To enhance critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Increased understanding of the corporate structure and environment.
Dates: May 2 – August 31, 2016
Salary: $15 per hour (40 hours per week)
Location: 155 Chain Lake Drive, Unit 2, Halifax, NS
48 Lovett Lake Court