Shannex Incorporated is a leading and innovative provider of senior’s accommodation, care and service in the Maritimes. Shannex is an expanding organization that currently employs over 3,000 people. We are on an exciting path of continued growth that will offer outstanding living choices, improved services and exceptional careers.
Located in Halifax, and reporting to the Construction Finance Manager as part of the Shannex Finance Division, the Construction Accounting Assistant will provide general accounting support to the Construction Finance department including accounts payable, accounts receivable and documentation control.
As the successful candidate you will work closely with the Construction Accounting Coordinator ensuring the timely and accurate processing of financial transactions.
- Have strong organizational skills and ensure the job is completed in a timely and accurate manner while meeting tight deadlines.
- Communicate in a clear, honest and professional manner.
- Results-oriented with strong initiative and a positive attitude towards change.
- Have the ability to work independently.
- Work collaboratively and actively as part of a multi-disciplinary team to achieve desired results while developing and maintaining positive working relationships with team members.
- Have proficient knowledge of Word/Excel software.
Duties and Responsibilities May Include:
- Assisting with the day to day posting of construction invoices, including matching of invoices to purchase orders and ensuring appropriate approvals and vendor documentation is on file.
- Communicate with Construction team to ensure accurate posting of invoices.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet general ledger accounts and sub ledgers on a monthly basis.
- Assisting with monthly reporting and variance analysis.
- Maintaining contracts database.
- Participate in projects as needed.
This position provides an opportunity to take much of the knowledge gained in class and apply it in industry. It is also an opportunity to build skills and knowledge in financial transaction processes, financial software applications, internal controls and communication. The successful applicant will have an opportunity:
- To contribute to “best practices” within the Finance Department and participate in quality initiatives.
- To participate in processes designed to create efficiency and productivity.
- To enhance time management, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Increased understanding of the corporate structure and environment.
Dates: May 2- August 31, 2016
Salary: $15 per hour (40 hours per week)
Location: 48 Lovett Lake Court, Halifax, NS
48 Lovett Lake Court