Cape Breton University is looking for someone special. Someone who relishes the idea of helping to create and promote an educational environment where students don’t just go, they Happen. CBU is a unique place where students who believe that they can have an effect in the world discover exactly what that effect will be.
Yes, it’s exciting. And if you’re the person we’re looking for, you’re already thinking of ways that you can bring your energy to the team and help build the kind of place where people Happen. You’re someone who cares not just about what students do at CBU, but what they do beyond it. Because what happens at Cape Breton University doesn’t just stay in Cape Breton, it resonates globally. If you can imagine yourself helping to make all this Happen, please keep reading.
Reporting to the Office of the President, the Marketing & Communications Department exists to support initiatives, projects, campaigns and events designed to achieve student recruitment and retention goals. As a key group of brand champions, the Marketing & Communications team also plays an important role in raising the visibility, strengthening the reputation, managing the CBU brand, advancing the CBU narrative and extending the reach of CBU’s diverse and expanding mandate through clear, consistent, and constant marketing and communications to multiple audiences.
The Communications and Public Relations Intern will work in a high energy, high paced environment to become a valued member of very diverse, dynamic team by participating and assisting in various projects and tasks ranging from communications and media planning to special event and social media support. This position reports to the Communications and Public Relations Officer.
Qualifications: BBA Marketing Co-op Student
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with deadlines and multi-task on several projects
- An interest in and understanding of special events
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment and also independently
- Working with the Marketing & Communications team on behalf of our internal clients including Recruitment, Fundraising/Alumni in several areas including, but not limited to, the development and writing of communications and media plans, news releases, recruitment and campus wide print pieces, web-based student and faculty profiles, stories, ad copy, web-based communication/fundraising projects, fundraising campaigns, alumni communication, special events support, video production and social media
- Assisting with written material for CBU’s bi-annual alumni magazine; Distinction
- Working with Conference Services Coordinator on numerous events. Support includes, but will not be limited to, assistance with the various organizational steps – such as assisting with pre-event details, designing invitations, set-up and lending support during the event/announcement execution and implementation
Responsible for researching, data collecting, interviewing, editing, presentation support, preparing media kits and other project
Dates: May to August 2016
Salary: $15/hour (35 hours/week)
Location: Sydney, NS
Deadline: January 29th at 4pm
To apply send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org