Atlantic Central (Halifax Office) is currently accepting applications for the summer co-op term position of Payment Services Assistant to provide various administrative, payment and banking services to all customers in accordance with Payment Services Operating Standards. The successful candidate will be enrolled in a Business Degree and be a participant in their Universities Co-op program.
The successful candidate will preferably be in the process of completing a degree in a business related discipline such as Accounting or Finance. The successful candidate will also have the following skill set:
- Demonstrated understanding of basic accounting practices, procedures, and terminology
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, Access)
- Ability to learn new Payment and Banking specific software programs
Reporting to the Supervisor, Payment Services, the Payment Services Assistant will be responsible for:
- Assisting with the delivery of the following core Payments services as assigned:
- Canadian and USD posting
- General Ledger posting
- Balancing and reconciliation of various accounts ensuring proper controls are in place
- Incoming and outgoing work preparation and retention
- Credit Union inquiries
- Assisting with process improvements and efficiencies within the Payment Services department.
3. Assisting and backing-up other members of the Payment Services Department and completing other projects and duties as assigned.
Hours of Work:
Please note that this is a term position and the hours of work are Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm or 37.5 hours per week. The term for this position will be from May 2, 2016 – August 26, 2016. This position will be paid hourly at $15.00 an hour plus vacation pay.
Applications will close by end of day on Wednesday, March 16, 2016.
To apply send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Atlantic Central