It’s a mix of moose, time travel and one of the world’s great inventors. Be part of a small, dynamic communications and marketing team on Cape Breton Island with Parks Canada. Work where you can challenge yourself constantly and grow daily. The work is full of variety because we don’t want you getting bored easily. Speaking of work, this year we have invested over $40 million in infrastructure projects for our national park and national historic sites on Cape Breton Island. This means sharing the exciting news with visitors, partners and stakeholders, while also ensuring visitors are aware of any possible delays in construction ahead of time.
You will support various promotions, media and communications activities at the Fortress of Louisbourg National Historic Site, Alexander Graham Bell National Historic Site and Cape Breton Highlands National Park. You will have superior written and verbal communications skills, graphic design, and will improve and align our internal communications with our external communications while helping coordinate events.
Qualifications: BPR/BBA Co-op Student
· Ability to work with the public
· Ability to keep accurate records
· Ability to organize events
· Superior writing skills
· Knowledge of social media
· Knowledge of media in Canada
· Knowledge of marketing trends and campaign development
· Knowledge of public relations principles
· English essential
Typical tasks may include:
· Supporting traditional and travel media visits, outreach events and promotional activities at our special places on Cape Breton Island
· Writing and editing communications materials including media advisories, news releases and articles for various audiences
· Creating promotional materials including brochures, newsletters, posters and creative web content for various audiences
· Conducting media monitoring summaries and evaluations to demonstrate value of media relations activities
If you are interested in this Co-op Opportunity contact Jennifer Currie, 902-563-1196
Dates: January – April 2018
Salary: $12.77 – $16.72 (dependent upon education and experience)
Location: Louisbourg, NS
Please provide PSC form along with resume, cover letter and examples of relevant work if applicable.
All successful candidates must:
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Be able to work weekdays, weekends, shift work
- Provide their own housing and travel
Parks Canada Agency considers applications from all individuals who have legal status to work in Canada. Please indicate in your application the reason for which you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit. Parks Canada is directed under different guidelines for citizenship.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and encourages women, Aboriginal persons, persons with a disability and members of visible minority groups to apply
Successful completion of both a co-op/internship research work assignment and your educational program may lead to temporary or permanent federal public service positions for which you meet the merit criteria and conditions of employment.
Must be returning to full-time studies following the work term.
This position is being posted elsewhere.