We are excited to offer a student placement in our Training, Planning and Design Department which is located in Pickering, Ontario.
NOTE: All students applying for student positions at OPG must be returning to full-time studies upon completion of their work term. Exceptions will be made for students who require a work term in order to graduate. You will be required to show an OPG hiring manager your transcript, should you be invited to an interview.
We are searching for an enthusiastic Webpage Publishing, Arts, Business, Teaching, Journalism and Communications Co-op or Developmental student who has completed a minimum of 1 year(s) and will be returning to university or college (full time) upon completion of this work term or requires one final work term to graduate.
You may have the opportunity to assist in the support, development and implementation of our Work Program.
Preference may be given to the candidate who has the following skills and qualification:
- Strong technical experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Familiar with Articulate products.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Problem solving & critical thinking.
- Contact and work with 3rd party software manufacturers/vendors when required.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent English written and communication skills (French would be an asset).
- Understand the user technical issues/requirements.
- Adherence to deadlines.
- Willing to provide solutions that are complete and meet the requirements
As the successful candidate, you may have the opportunity to assist in a variety of work assignments which may include:
- Publishing on-line (eLearning) courses using various industry standard software.
- Providing front line phone support for OPG’s eLearning environment.
- Developing web-based training content using various tools including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
This job will provide you with the following professional development:
- Web-based application development tools (Microsoft PowerPoint, Articulate 360).
- Communication and customer support.
- Working in a team environment.
- Time management/organizational skills.
- Communication (verbal and written) skills.
If you are ready to be challenged, please apply on-line only at www.mypowercareer.com, no later than midnight, May 11, 2017.
If your school requires a separate application through their own process, you are still required to apply at our staffing website http://www.mypowercareer.com. OPG will only consider applications submitted to our website.
OPG sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In the event you are invited for an interview, please note you will be required to provide transcripts. If you receive an interview, please notify the hiring manager of any accommodations you may require for the selection process.
You must be eligible to work in Canada.
OPG supports the principles and practices of diversity.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Power Generation’s Accessibility Standard, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known by contacting us in advance.
To learn more about the Co-op Option in your program, please contact CBU Student Placement Officer by email: email@example.com