Cooperative Education Internship Program
ACOA – Trade, Investment and Growth Unit
- Candidates should be enrolled in the 3rd year of a BBA and have completed one Co-op work term prior
to applying. Equivalent experience will be considered; or,
- Candidates enrolled in the MBA or Commerce Program (with preference in International courses – Management and Marketing) or MPA.
- Ability to communicate in English (written) is essential;
- Good communications skills – verbal and written;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint);
- Preference will be given to Canadian citizens; and
- Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset.
Provide support to the Trade, Investment and Growth unit including, but not limited to:
- conducting research – market intelligence, sector specific, international business development trends;
- preparing research documents for internal and external distribution;
- coordinating and assisting in the planning and preparation of trade missions, meetings, seminars, workshops, and special events;
- drafting and preparing correspondence and other documents for internal or external audiences;
- establishing and maintaining contacts with other public and private organizations and partners;
- analyzing the results of projects supported by the unit and then offer recommendations;
- evaluating project proposals submitted to the unit, while ensuring compliance with the agency’s guidelines and criteria;
- reviewing financial claims and reports submitted by clients undertaking projects supported by the unit; and
- performing other duties to meet operational requirements of the unit.
ACOA’s Trade, Investment and Growth unit is responsible for the following:
- strengthen the export performance of the Atlantic Region by enhancing the capabilities of small- and medium-sized businesses to establish and expand export activities;
- attract foreign direct investment and provide the support for research, information dissemination and lead development for Atlantic Canada;
- manage the day-to-day operations of the Atlantic Trade and Investment Growth Strategy which is designed to increase the number of exporters, help diversify the export markets, increase the overall value of exports from the region, and attract foreign direct investment; and
- manage trade missions and other activities focussing on business-to-business.
Interested applicants may send their cover letter and resume to CBU Student Placement Office, Jennifer Currie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete the following form and submit with your cover letter and resume: https://www.cbu.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Form-Application-for-Employment-1.pdf
Deadline for applications is Friday, July 20th, 2018.