Parks Canada in Cape Breton is searching for energetic students with a wide variety of experiences, interest and knowledge and we’re hoping you may help spread the world!
Are you a student looking for a summer job? Does the idea of working at one of Cape Breton Island’s national historic sites or national park sound exciting?
- 2017 is the 150th Anniversary of Confederation and this year, we will be welcoming more visitors to our parks and sites than ever before. It will be an opportunity to experience and celebrate Canada’s special anniversary along with your fellow Canadians and visitors from all over the world.
- Parks Canada will be hiring more students this year to help Canada celebrate its special anniversary, and we would love to have you join the team.
- As a student, you would have the opportunity to work in Parks Canada’s incredible network of national parks, national historic sites and national marine conservation areas across the country. We offer a variety of jobs and are looking for students/youth with a wide range of interests and skills. Furthermore, we will explore the possibility of combining your skills, competencies and studies along with your interests and will focus on providing you with valuable work experience that will allow you to gain highly marketable and transferable skills for your career path.
At Parks Canada, we value the contributions that all Canadians can make to the diversity of our workforce. Therefore, we actively encourage students from various ethnic and life backgrounds to consider gaining valuable work experience with Parks Canada. You will also have the opportunity to work in a bilingual work place and learn, develop, maintain or improve a second (or third) language while earning your salary!
Some of the exciting jobs include:
- Outreach Student(s)
- Social Media Assistant
- Photography and Videography Student(s)
- Promotions Assistant(s)
- Public Relations and Communications Assistant
To be eligible, you must be:
- enrolling in the Co-op option with Cape Breton University
- a full-time secondary or post-secondary student in an accredited institution
- currently recognized as having full-time student status by the academic institution in which you are presently enrolled
- returning to full-time studies in the next academic term
- the minimum age to work in the province where the job exists
All eligible students who have legal status to work in Canada. Please indicate in your application the reason for which you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
To apply, quote the following numbers:
Reference number (jobs.gc.ca): CAP17J-013569-000066
Selection process number: 2017-CAP-CBFU-SU-RM-OC-0030
For more information on the Co-op option with CBU and to apply for any of these positions, please contact CBU Student Placement Officer – Carly Turnbull – by email at email@example.com.
To read more about the Co-op Option with CBU, please visit our Co-op webpage.