We are looking for a dynamic creative team player with a passion for physical fitness and a healthy lifestyle. Be part of a volunteer, non-profit organization that has made many people in Cape Breton healthier. The main activities of Cape Breton Fiddlers Run include a large road race; Learn to Run clinics; Youth Runs, Funs Runs, Kids Running Series, Sports Expo and advocating and supporting running in our community. The work is varied and lots of fun.
You will be supporting the many marketing and promotion projects for Cape Breton Fiddlers Run.
This position is open to students enrolled full time in post-secondary studies and returning to school full time in the fall of 2018. Preference is given to students in Marketing and Public Relations.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge in marketing, communications and promotional principles and practices
- Social media experience
- Project management skills and strong planning, organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to work with a team
- Excellent literacy, writing, editing and proofing skills (web text, press releases, newsletter)
- Database management
- Development, implementation and assessment of a marketing plan for CBFR.
- Implement online targeted promotional activity to increase the number of runners at events.
- Consistent updating of social media sites on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Vimeo
- Write and produce professional standard press releases, videos etc for events
- Assist with all event planning and promotion with Learn To Run, Youth Run, Kids Running Series and Fiddlers Race Weekend
- Monitor all social accounts, hashtage and key search terms
Applications will be received up to March 23rd.
Cover Letter, resume and proof of enrollment can be sent by email to email@example.com
or by mail to: attention Cape Breton Fiddlers Run, c/o Nicholas Burke, 34 Birchdale Drive, Sydney River, NS, B1S 1L5.
The student must provide Confirmation of Enrollment in a Co-op program by providing a copy of their unofficial transcript or a letter from a Co-op Coordinator to the employer.
The tentative start date will be mid-May and will run for a minimum of 14 weeks. Pay is $15.00 per hour. There is a possibility the contract will be extended beyond the fourteen weeks.