The Fundraising/Alumni Assistant will work with members of the Alumni and Development Department in a number of areas including events, marketing and communications, and fundraising with donors and alumni.
Under the leadership of the Director, the Alumni and Development department includes team members in the roles of alumni relations, communications, fundraising and database management. The position reports to, and works closely with, the Institutional Advancement Officer.
- Marketing or Communications Co-op Student
- Detailed oriented, with strong organizational, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Tech savvy with strong computer skills
- Capability to work with deadlines and an understanding of special events
- Ability to work in a team environment and also independently
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Must be willing to work evening and weekends
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Plan, promote and execute alumni events in partnership with Alumni Association and other university departments. Events for the Fall term include alumni activities during Orientation Week, varsity sports games, as well as the Alumni Awards Dinner and Holiday Social;
- Research and interview alumni in order to create a databank of “intriguing & interesting” alumni profiles for use in print and online marketing campaigns and other communications material;
- Write articles and profiles for the bi-annual Distinction magazine;
- Promote and assist with communications through web site and alumni social media platforms;
- Assist with fundraising initiatives such as President’s Dinner, as well as alumni and employee giving campaigns;
- Assist with university events including the annual Fall Convocation;
- Assist with other initiatives in alumni affairs, donor relations and fundraising;
- Assist with meetings, events and communications of the CBU Alumni Association Board of Directors;
- Develop skills using databases and other marketing/communications tools;
- Work in an energetic, team-oriented environment and continue to develop skills, participating, leading and assisting in projects and tasks of varied sizes for different stakeholder audiences.
Dates: September 4 – December 21, 2018
Salary: $ 15.00/hour for 35 hours/week
Location: Sydney, NS
Deadline: Thursday, July 19th, 2018
Interested applicants may send their cover letter and resume to CBU Student Placement Officer Jennifer Currie, at email@example.com