Since its introduction in 1997, Celtic Colours has grown to become one of Canada’s premiere musical events, and a cultural highlight of Nova Scotia’s tourism season, collecting accolades from regional music awards to national and international tourism awards. For nine days in October, Cape Breton Island is home to a unique celebration of music and culture as the Celtic Colours International Festival presents dozens of concerts all over the island, an extensive line-up of community events, and a nightly Festival Club.
Celtic Colours International Festival is seeking a competent and motivated person for the position of Marketing & Sales Coordinator. The successful applicant must have a passion for people, music and Cape Breton Island.
The Marketing & Sales Coordinator is responsible for daily administrative tasks in the Box Office. The overall responsibility is the execution and efficient operation of marketing and sales of festival programming to patrons.
The responsibilities of the Marketing & Sales Coordinator will include operation of specialized software for sales, marketing the festival to patrons, maintaining inventory of merchandise and office supplies, maintaining filing systems, assisting in distribution of marketing materials, providing administrative support to the Sales Manager, Marketing Director and other staff.
This position is a term position that is variable in nature depending on the requirements of the organization in any given season. The Marketing & Sales Coordinator reports to the Sales Manager.
Length of Term: September 2018-December 2018
Compensation: $15/hr for 35 hrs/week
- Must be eligible for and enroll in CBU Co-op Work Term course
- Previous customer service experience
- Able to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of Cape Breton Island’s geography and culture
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in the use of computers
- Detail oriented
- Previous experience in ticketing considered an asset
- Using specialized software for sales of tickets and merchandise as well as customer inquiries and real-time reporting to other staff members in the organization.
Processing financial transactions.
- Maintaining customer files with the most accurate and up-to-date information.
- Performing batch prints for mass mail-outs and will-call tickets.
- Providing information and support to patrons about festival programming and pricing.
- Promotion of the Festival and Cape Breton Island through direct marketing.
- Providing travel and logistical information as well as directing patrons to appropriate aids and partners to assist in travel plans and logistics therefore ensuring they have an impeccable experience while attending the festival.
- Working with and accommodating patrons when and as possible in terms of unforeseen logistical complications.
- Providing in person support at Box Office and on-site at venues as required.
- Data collection, entry and analysis for the purposes of determining markets and economic impact.
- Maintaining filing systems for tickets, vouchers, gift certificates, giveaways, etc.
- Receiving deliveries and controlling inventory of marketing materials for distribution.
- Maintaining inventory of office supplies.
- Providing administrative support to the Sales Manager and other staff members.