Position title: Human Resources Intern
What you will gain:
Are you interested in gaining experience in Human Resources while contributing to recruitment initiatives in the federal public service? As a co-op student at the Public Service Commission (PSC), you will have the opportunity to hone your organizational skills by working on selection processes that are national in scope. We are seeking an individual who is organized, engaged, and resourceful.
We are offering full-time employment for the fall academic term with the possibility of continuing with part-time employment
About the Team:
The Atlantic regional office is a team of 12 employees located in the Maritime Centre Building on Barrington Street, downtown Halifax. We work on recruitment initiatives, including the Federal Student Work Experience Program, Post-Secondary Recruitment, and selection processes (Public Service Wide Pools). We play an important role in supporting the work of other federal government departments across Canada.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity or testing, you should advise the Public Service Commission in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Start date: September 4, 2018
End Date: December 28, 2018
Pay rate: $13.47 – $23.78 per hour, 37.5 hours per week
What we are looking for:
- Eligible co-op students enrolled in a PSC approved undergraduate or master’s program in Human Resources, Business or another related field.
- Experience in using systems and/or databases
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Reasoning skills
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal Relations
- Ability to communicate effectively orally
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing
- Preference will be given to Canadian citizens
- Preference will be given to students looking to pursue a career in Human Resources
- Preference will be given to bilingual candidates
- Preference will be given to 3rd or 4th year students or Master’s students
What you will be doing:
You will work closely with our team to provide administrative support for recruitment initiatives and gain hands-on experience by:
- planning, scheduling, and coordinating testing sessions and telephone interviews
- corresponding with candidates
- assisting with activities for both external and internal appointment processes
- using Excel to manage information
- preparing material for career fairs and information sessions
- attending career fairs and information sessions to promote recruitment into the federal public service
Information you must provide:
- Your résumé
- A cover letter
- Contact information for two recent, professional references
- An interview will be administered
- Reference checks will be sought
- Your cover letter will be used to assess your ability to communicate in writing. Please limit your cover letter to 400 words. If your cover letter is more than 400 words, only the first 400 words will be used to evaluate your ability to communicate in writing.
Conditions of Employment:
Obtain and maintain reliability clearance
Interested applicants must submit their cover letter and resume no later than Monday, June 11th, 2018 to CBU Student Placement Officer, Jennifer Currie at email@example.com