The Verschuren Centre for Sustainability in Energy and the Environment is focused on the delivery of commercially applicable clean tech solutions for industry through collaborative research, technology development and outreach.
Engineering Technologist (Co-op Position)
We are looking for an Engineering Technology student to join a team of researcher and technicians on the Verschuren Centre’s Bio-Products team whose goal is to recover valuable products from previously un-used agri-food and marine by-products, reducing potential pollution in landfills and oceans, while simultaneously improving profitability and sustainability.
This is a unique opportunity to obtain valuable work experience in a pilot scale industrial experiment that will set you apart while obtaining a co-op class credit. The position is full-time (35 hours a week minimum) for the fall semester, so the student will not be able to take regular classes during the work term.
- Completion of second year of Bachelor of Engineering Technology degree
- Must be enrolled in the 3 year BET degree program with a focus in Electronics & Controls or Petroleum
In this role, you will:
- Assist in installation, commissioning and operation of new bio-processing pilot scale equipment.
- Network and systems integration
- Remote monitoring of the process for data gathering and analysis.